Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ctrl Alt Trek Episode 004 - To Boldly Go

Fleet is created. Ctrl Alt Trek is now live. Go to our website at http://ctrlalttrek.com and check out the forums for more info.



Aprillian



Updated to Windows 7, having DC issues. Did Fleet Mission Starbase 24. Got playable Klingon.

Vrishna

bugs ... why'd it have to be bugs. Fleet actions in regards to teaming. Nebula instance (Delta Volanis Cluster) . Anamolies, entering multiple planetary systems from same location.



Bouvi (bouvitrek@gmail.com)


Merits are also used to rename your ship.

replacement vid card evga

How the consoles on a ship work and why people cannot get the abilities they think they should have. Consoles have a rank as well so on an ensign console you will only have access to the first level of a crewman's ability. Put them on a Lt. one and you have 2 levels and so on.

Autofire with phasers controversy.

Been doing alot of the exploration missions to increase my armor/guns and ship components.

Cool Episode called Hunting the Hunters. I was tricked by a group of Hirogen and forced to fight in arena type forcefield matches. I had to disable the forceshields to get out to rescue the shuttle crew.

I was thinking that the missions kept feeling the same but all I was doing was exploration quests to get more equipment for my ship and me. I did some regular missions and they were awesome. Rescued a ship that was stuck at a huge barrier the Rolumans erected. They took out the other ship and captured most of the crew. I beamed down to the planet and rescued everyone. The Planet was incredible looking. It literally took my breath away.

Guest


Emails:

Email #A from Vern
Hey guys I like the show and I wanna give the game a shot.I plan on buying the game this weekend so I don't think the free trial will help me but thanks anyway . I been wanting to captain a starship for a while and am excited to know that now i can. I have been a fan of Star Trek for a long time.I been playing WoW for almost 2 years and always hoped a decent SciFi MMO would come along. I will try to play both. Also I was wondering if there were different servers and if so wich one are you guys on? I kinda like the way you reference Warcraft because its something I understand .Thanks for the tips , sure beats starting the game clueless

Keep on Trekkin
Vern

Email #B from Tim

Hells yeah I'd like the trial, please I'll love you forever

Email #C from Rex

Hi guys,

I just listened to Episode 3 and thought I would email a couple of questions.
1. Key bindings. Do you have a favorite key binding suggestion that has made it easier to play the game? Particularly in space combat.
BOUVI - I just use what is on my bars. I expanded them all the way to 3. In A1 - A0 my ship functions are Jam Targeting Sensors, Torpedo Spread, Evasive Maneuvers, Emergency Power to Shields, Emergency Power to Weapons, Rotate Shield Freq, EPS Power Transfer, Directed Energy Modulation, Boarding Party and Tractor Beam. On C1 and C2 I have Dispersal Pattern Alpha and Ramming speed. On C8 I have Brace for Impact and on C0 I have my Transwarp Drive. My main bar just has weapons and my quick buff like energy battery and Shield Battery.

2. Explanation of weapon effectiveness. Phasers vs Disruptors? What do all the acronyms mean?
BOUVI - I am going to talk ships on this one. One thing when looking for weapons is firing arc. Beam Weapons have the largest arcs while Torpedoes have the smallest. You must have the Torpedo launcher pointed right at them for it to work. Beam type weapons work against the shield. There are quite a few types. Phasers have a chance to disable a random system, while disruptors have a chance of increasing the damage enemies will take. There are a few variations on this as well. You have your beam, dual beam and turret. Turrets are unique in they have a 360 degree firing arc. Torpedoes and mines work best against the hulls. Cannons are like a middle ground and do decent damage to both shield and hulls. However the further away you are the less damage done by them and have a very narrow 90 degree firing arc. As far as what the acronyms mean I have tried to find information on those and could not find a thing. If anyone out there knows please shoot us an e-mail. :)

3. Favorite Consoles. Do you have a favorite console? Why?
BOUVI - Anything to increase my quantum yield. Because I think Quantum Torpedoes are cool.

Thanks for all of the hints and suggestions! Keep up the good work :) Looking forward to joining your fleet!

Rex
LtCdr 1
USS Enteprenante (Named after the smallest British warship at the battle of Trafalgar)

P.S. - My wife is getting jealous of my time spent on STO, I'm hoping you have some 10 day free trials left so I can get her addicted as well :)
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Email #D from Todd

hello


I Heard on your latest podcast you were giving away STO trails . I would love to get one. I have a star trek fan since i was a kid. i can remember watching the original series reruns. i loved when they came out with the next generation even though it didn't get real good till riker got his beard.
i have seen all the movies even the bad ones lol.

hope i win one of the free trials .

live long and prosper

todd

Email #E from Aerie

I just wanted to say that i like the show. i listen to it when i play STO, and i cannot wait until the Fleet is up.

Captain Aerie West
Captain of the USS San Diego - D

Email #F from Mo

Hello all,
I have enjoyed the first three episodes so far and I just started playing the game and wow it is great so far!
I know I have so much still to learn but enjoying everything about it.
I like how everything in my opinion is different.
I will keep it short this week and hope to send another email next week with more content and questions.

Actually I do like to mention something, I am new to Cryptic and yes I am a moob (or noob to others) and did not know about the cryptic points. To let other moobs out there know on your cryptic online account right underneath your payment methods you can get the points. ;/
Yes it did take me some time to figure that out.

Ok take care all and have fun!

--
Mo

News

Cryptic plans on patching every Thursday. Very ambitious announcement

Huge Bug in Fleet Banks. No matter what permissions you set anyone can pull energy from the bank. If you have a new recruit they can pull all the energy and leave the fleet. Some fleets have already lot a ton of energy.

Feb 11th patch. Bring on the Borg - http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2038123
New missions include:
- 3 new Borg related episodes
- Repeatable Star Cluster mission against Borg threats
- Deep Space encounters with Patrolling Borg fleets
- A Daily Star Cluster mission which grants Marks of Exploration for use at an exclusive store in the Staging Fleet to gear up for upcoming Raidisode Content

Feb 12th Patch was mostly a bunch of bug fixes. What is nice is they had unexpected downtime so they applied the patch during that time and when I work up expecting the servers down they were up.

No comments:

Post a Comment